Get Involved, Be Engaged,
Meet Folks with Similar Interests!
- Are you interested in sharing plant knowledge via articles in a newsletter?
- Do you have Facebook skills?
- Do you want to connect with folks with similar plant interests?
- Do you have financial skills?
- Are you a social leader?
- Is there a workshop you want to attend or lead?
- Do you have webmaster skills?
Volunteers Needed at the Atlanta History Center
to Help Support GPPA
This group led by AHC Horticulturist and GPPA member Rosemary Bathurst, meets on the first and third Tuesdays of each month from 9 am to noon. However, for the willing, there are other possible workdays.
The GPPA team works in various areas from the front gardens to the Smith Family Farm, around the Swan House and the Swan Woods. Duties include mulching, weeding, pruning, deadheading and sharing of gardening knowledge, both native and non-native. This is always educational and fun, and our volunteer work there enables us to pay less rent for our meetings, which enables us to keep our dues low.
We need your help and encourage you to join us, whether on a regular basis or when you are able. Please contact Rosemary Bathurst: RBathurst@atlantahistorycenter.com.
Volunteers should wear gardening clothes, bring their own gardening gloves, knee pads and, if you wish, hand pruners, although tools are provided when needed.